1. These terms and conditions apply to work carried out for the Client by Jessica Grace Coleman of Girl, What's Your Story? (GWYS) and her associates.
2. In terms of bespoke services, GWYS will provide services as agreed with the Client and confirmed in writing.
3. Jessica Grace Coleman of the Girl, What's Your Story? and her associates confirm that they are self-employed and are therefore responsible for their own income tax and National Insurance contributions.
4. Office hours for Girl, What's Your Story? are Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. UK time. In urgent circumstances, GWYS may be contacted out of hours, but this will depend on each individual case. There may be an extra fee for bespoke video call sessions that need to take place regularly in the evenings and at weekends, though GWYS will try to accommodate the needs of each individual.
5. When working on a Client’s brand story, GWYS uses Microsoft Word and Track Changes in order to make the amendments. It is the Client’s responsibility to then go through and either accept or reject the changes and comments themselves.
6. If the Client requires the work to be completed by a certain deadline, this must be agreed upon before the work is accepted, based on the time zone of the UK (GMT). When deadlines are agreed upon, GWYS will deliver the work on or before the agreed date, as long as the Client sends in the work on the agreed date and no later.
7. If the nature of the work changes or if supporting documents or materials are not received by Girl, What's Your Story? on time, GWYS has the right to change the deadline.
8. Any work carried out by GWYS for the Client will become the copyright of the Client, unless otherwise agreed.
9. The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential at all times and will not be shown to any third parties without prior written permission from the Client. Confidential information will also not be copied or reproduced. Girl, What's Your Story? can provide a signed Confidentiality Agreement for the Client if needed.
10. Refunds can be given on bespoke services that haven't yet started. For monthly services, the Client can stop the agreement at any time, but if any work has been done for that month, they will have to pay for that month.
11. No claim can be made by the Client that Girl, What's Your Story? endorses any concepts or ideas in the Client’s work or story.
12. The service provided does not include extensive IT support help, and if the Client requires help that takes up a considerable amount of time, they may be charged for this. In cases such as these, Girl, What's Your Story? will inform the client of the potential charges beforehand.
13. It is not the responsibility of Girl, What's Your Story? to provide a fully-formatted manuscript as part of a brand story service. GWYS is not a publisher or a typesetter.
14. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018, both Girl, What's Your Story? and the Client may keep details (e.g. contact information) on record as necessary, if they are used only for the initial stated purpose.
15. Both Girl, What's Your Story? and the Client reserve the right to terminate the contract for bespoke services if there is a serious breach of the terms set forth here.
16. These terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Both the Client and Girl, What's Your Story? agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
17. As part of the bespoke brand story services, Girl, What's Your Story? aims to give a reliable and accurate service, but due to human error we cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.
18. Girl, What's Your Story? cannot be held responsible for (direct or indirect) losses or costs incurred by any remaining errors in a piece of writing. The final responsibility for errors remains with the Client.
19. Girl, What's Your Story? will not be held liable for any omissions or errors caused by the Client’s failure to communicate requirements clearly.
20. If the Client breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, they will be held fully responsible for any legal claim for expenses, liability, and financial losses (including legal fees) incurred by Girl, What's Your Story? as caused by their breach.
21. Girl, What's Your Story? reserves the right to alter pricing without notice, although prices previously confirmed in writing will be honoured for the duration of that work, and no ongoing work will be affected by these price changes.
22. Girl, What's Your Story? reserves the right to refuse any piece of work that includes highly offensive material or any story that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature.
23. The Girl, What's Your Story? DIY Toolkit consists of a self-guided PDF download. Only 'personalised services' include interaction with Jessica Grace Coleman and her input into the Client’s work.
25. Personalised services include a Zoom or phone call. When a Client signs up for one of these services, they will be sent a questionnaire regarding their life and their business, which must be filled in before the video/phone call can take place.